Experience Japan International Summer Progam
Canadian Academy's `Experience Japan’ summer program is a once in a lifetime opportunity for students ages between 15 – 16 to experience Japan firsthand in a safe, structured environment. By limiting this experience to 12 students, our two on-site 'summer parents' will ensure individualized attention, create a family feel, and offer intensive experiences that will challenge, leading to a deeper understanding of Japan, its language and culture.
The students can expect to
- Improve their Japanese
- Experience a new culture
- Make new friends
- Visit famous tourist attractions in
- Osaka including Universal Studios Japan
Experience Japan includes
- Beginner through Advanced intensive Japanese classes
- Full boarding program including all meals
- Hiking, swimming and fun sport activities
- Cultural activities such as tea ceremony, calligraphy & taiko drumming
- Experience a variety of Japanese foods
- Excursions and admission to famous Japanese cultural and tourist venues
- Transportation to and from activities within Japan, including pickup and drop off at Kansai International Airport
|Experience Japan's program|
- Intensive Japanese: Dive into the Japanese language! Eight sessions will develop and deepen your speaking skills. Gambatte!
- Mt. Rokko Cable: Take in the breathtaking beauty of the mountains and ocean of Kobe by riding in a cable car to the top of the Rokko mountains.
- Tea Ceremony: Contemplate the quiet beauty of the 500 year old Japanese tea ceremony in our authentic tea room.
- Sannomiya Purikura: Snap into modern Japanese culture with some shopping and photo booth fun in downtown Kobe!
- Kyoto Temple and Ninja Training: Explore Japan's ancient capital, as well as get your ninja skills up to date!
- Onsen: Nothing like a relaxing soak in a Japanese spring-fed bath!
- Karaoke: Put your singing skills on display! From the classics to the contemporary, belt out your best!
- Hiroshima: Arrive in Hiroshima in 1.5 hours by bullet train, and then reflect on world history at the Atomic Dome, Peace Park, as well as enjoy the beauty of Miyajima.
- Wild Wednesday: Perform on the taiko drums, perfect your Japanese culinary skills, and find out just how crazy Hanshin baseball fans are! Goooooo, Tigers!
- Osaka Namba: Downtown Osaka is the perfect place to pick up some souvenirs, grab some takoyaki, and catch some of the fashion trend-setters in Japan!
- Himeji Castle: Having just completed a renovation, this castle is considered one of Japan's most beautiful.
- Calligraphy: Put brush and ink to paper and create some dazzling art work by writing Japanese kanji.
- Suma beach: Beat the heat and head to Kobe's beach.
- Shin-Kobe Hike: Up and over the mountains, taking in a waterfall and several small, local temples.
- Harborland: A relaxing evening of eating, shopping, and people watching at Kobe's premier shopping plaza down on the water.
- Takarazuka Revue: Enjoy a performance of the world-famous all-female cast!
- Universal Studios Japan: Wrap up your stay with a visit to Harry Potter's world, fight off an attack by Jaws, outrun the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park, and have your photo taken with Snoopy.
- All staff are fully qualified teachers from both Japan and abroad
- Staff have had many years of teaching experience and will ensure that all participants enjoy individualized attention
Early bird discount - if a student registers by March 31, the cost is US$3000
- Travel Insurance
- Spending money
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org