Canadian Academy is a diverse and truly welcoming community. We offer a rewarding and happy work environment, a dynamic professional development program, and a competitive package.
We are looking for experienced, inspirational teachers who are passionate about education and wish to contribute to school and student life in a variety of ways and encourage applicants to complete an application through Search Associates or through the APLi Now button which appears next to job openings below.
The Digital Designer is responsible for presenting the school in a quality manner through use of photography, videography, graphic design, and other technology and media. The role also includes logistical coordination of on-campus events.
Marketing & Content Specialist
The Marketing & Content Specialist interacts closely with internal and external stakeholders, and is primarily responsible for developing written content to support the school’s marketing initiatives.
Working at an IBO World School
Working at CA means working at an IBO World School offering the Diploma Programme (DP) for grades 11 and 12 alongside a High School Diploma, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for grades 6 through 10, and the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for PreK-3 (age three) through grade 5.
We are looking for teachers who
- passionately enjoy working with children and/or teenagers
- are enthusiastic supporters of the CA Mission and Core Values and Vision Statement
- show evidence of a commitment to inspired teaching and lifelong learning
- have experience with current best practices, teaching materials, and instructional and assessment strategies
- have a Bachelor degree with a valid teaching credential in a content area and/or position applying for (Masters degree preferred)
- have two years recent teaching experience in the specific grade level or subject area applying for, preferably in an International Baccalaureate educational environment (PYP, MYP, and/or DP)
- integrate technology in curriculum and instruction in one-to-one environments
- have experience in cross-cultural environments and/or international teaching
- differentiate instruction and assessment based on student abilities, interests, and learning styles
- support EAL and LS students through appropriate and research-based instructional strategies
- enjoy collaborating with colleagues as an enthusiastic team members
- communicate effectively and efficiently with students, parents and colleagues
- positively contribute to school culture through support and leadership of school activities
- design and deliver an engaging and purposeful inquiry based programme
- engage in professional development that models continuous learning for students
- encourage students to commit to service learning actions and also model ways to positively impact the lives of others
- commit to ongoing professional learning and share expertise with staff through professional development opportunities
Our Elementary School teachers also:
- understand the PYP and know how to use its framework in instruction and assessment
- collaborate, plan and integrate with specialists to design and deliver a trans-disciplinary program of inquiry
- design a balanced learning of literacy that is based on the principles and practices of the Readers and Writers Workshop
- design a math program that focuses on developing conceptual understanding, procedural fluency and positive dispositions towards the subject
Our Secondary School teachers also
- understand the MYP and/or DP programmes and know how to use this framework in instruction and assessment
- participate in overnight, off-campus student learning experiences such as camps, ski trips, sport trips
- understand the changing developmental characteristics of young people and positively engage and challenge them