Opened in 1913, Canadian Academy has long been recognized as a leading international school in Japan.
From our origins on September 13, 1913, Canadian Methodist Academy (CMA) opened its doors to sixteen students in Kobe, originally serving the children of missionary parents. As CMA’s appeal broadened, our name was changed in 1917 to Canadian Academy (CA).
With an expanded student population, land was purchased on Nagamine-yama and a boys’ dormitory, Gloucester House, was dedicated by the Duke of Gloucester in May of 1929. We proudly remain one of the oldest boarding schools in Asia.
Over the years, we continued to grow, and by the 1980s it became clear that more space and newer facilities were needed. Saying good-bye to our home on the hill, we moved to our current campus in September of 1990.