- Online Application
- Supporting Documents
- School Reference
- Application Fee
- Admissions Interview
- Acceptance of Offer
01 Online Application
Thank you for your interest in Canadian Academy for your family. We welcome your child's application up to one year in advance of enrollment.
- Our application form introduces your family to us
- For your convenience, all applications are completed and submitted online
- Your family will create an online account, allowing return to the application at any time
- An application needs to be submitted for each child
- Required supporting documents become available during the online process
- Please note that submission of an application is not a guarantee of acceptance
Applying for the 2024-2025 School Year
- We are now accepting applications for the 2024-25 school year.
- Starting in November, we begin processing and interviewing our applicants.
- Admission results will be shared in March.
- If the application is received after Jan. 31, it will be reviewed after Feb. 28, pending grade level availability.
02 Supporting Documents
For us to understand your child and how to best support their learning, we ask for several supporting documents. These can be submitted during the online application process.
- School records/transcripts of the past three years when possible
- Standardized Test Results (ITBS, MAPs, PSAT, TOEFL, etc.) if available
- Testing/Assessments/Psychological Evaluations- This includes but is not limited to IQ testing, psycho-educational, occupational or speech therapy, socio-emotional evaluations
- Copy of your child's passport and a clear digital photo (color, at least 400x600 pixels)
03 School Reference
We want to hear more about your child, their strengths and interests, as well as opportunities for growth.
- Confidential Recommendation- this form becomes available during the online application process. It should be given to your child's current teacher/principal/counselor and emailed by them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ask for one confidential recommendation for those applying to our elementary school (PreK-3 through grade 5), and two confidential recommendations for our secondary school (grade 6 through 12)
04 Application Fee
Our application fee is ¥90,000 per application and covers administrative costs.
- For your convenience, the application fee is paid online
- Upon payment, your child's application and supporting documents will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee
- The application fee is non-refundable
- Once received, the application is active for a period of two academic years (the year applying and the following consecutive school year), although updated documentation may be requested over time
05 Admissions Interview
Upon the receipt of the application, all supporting documents, and application fee, our Admissions Committee will review to determine if we are a good fit for your family and your child's learning needs. We will then contact you to schedule an interview that includes:
- A spoken interview to get to know your child, as well as provide an opportunity for them to ask questions
- Depending on the age and other criteria, it may include a mathematics, reading, and writing assessment(s)
- Non-native English speakers will be assessed to determine if they would benefit from English as an Additional Language (EAL) support
- Although face to face is preferred, online interviews can be conducted for those outside the Kansai area
- At times, a second interview is arranged for additional information
06 Acceptance Offer
Upon completion of the interview, the Admissions Committee will review the application package and interview results and make a recommendation to our Headmaster who makes all admissions decisions.
- Families are notified of the admissions decision through email and in writing generally within one week of the interview
- Upon acceptance, families have one week to sign and return the Acceptance of Offer form
- If the signed form is not submitted within one week, the seat becomes available to other applicants