Investing in Your Children's Future
In addition to its rigorous academic programs, Canadian Academy students actively participate in a wide range of activities and experiences, both inside and outside the school walls. Throughout the school year, students have an opportunity to take part in overnight trips throughout Japan, Sports Day, musical performances, drama and art contests. Our students compete against local and international teams and organizations. We often host conferences and guest speakers, including authors and musicians. Parents are invited to participate in cultural activities such as tea ceremony and Japanese flower arranging as well.
Canadian Academy has a long-standing relationship with the local and global communities and is actively involved in many service projects. These projects include soup kitchens, planting and maintaining areas of the Rokko mountains, supporting area orphanages, the students of several schools in Tohoku, and providing scholarships to middle school students in Thailand.
The tuition and fees are set out in the table below. More details on the fees and their structure follow in the drop down menu after the table.
|One-time fees for a new student|
|EAL Support Fee (if applicable)||¥711,700|
|Annual tuition fees|
|Pre-K3 (half-day program)||¥1,444,200|
|Pre-K3 (full-day program)||¥1,744,000|
|Senior Fee for Grade 12 students||US$975|
|Building and Development fee||¥231,700|
|Parent Teacher Association fee per family||¥4,000|
Please visit our online billing form to arrange payment.
The fees are explained in more detail in the expandable secton below.
Tuition and school fees are due in advance for attendance and for the full school year. Individuals paying fees privately may request an instalment plan if they meet certain conditions. Please contact the Business Office (email@example.com) for more details.
Students who register after the start of the school year are accorded reduced tuition based on academic quarters. Students who withdraw before the end of the academic year are charged tuition for the semester in which they withdraw. No tuition or fees are refunded during a student’s senior year. In addition, if the school has to close unexpectedly due to an emergency situation, classes will continue via on-line learning, and no refunds will be provided.
The building and development fee is charged annually to all students who attend CA. This fee is charged in full to all students, returning and new, regardless of when the student begins each year at CA. It is not refundable or pro-rated for years of partial attendance.
Families with children attending CA are granted membership in the PTA. PTA members are invited to attend PTA meetings that are planned throughout the school year to acquaint parents with various aspects of the school and to help them meet with members of the CA community.
Families are encouraged to ensure their child is covered by accident and health insurance. The school maintains travel accident insurance for students participating in out-of-country activities such as APAC but coverage for on-campus accidents is quite limited in amount. Parents wishing a larger or wider coverage should consider buying additional insurance. Insurance reimbursements are made based on the insurance company's determination of its policy with the school.
- The application fee is charged to all new students applying to CA and is due and payable at the time the application is submitted to CA. Applications will be considered complete for review once the fee has been paid. This fee is not pro-rated based on enrollment or withdrawal.
- The registration fee supports operation and renewal of the campus and is charged to all new students enrolling at CA. This fee is not pro-rated and is non-refundable.
- The English As An Additional Language (EAL) fee partially subsidizes the cost of providing support for students with EAL needs. A student’s need for EAL support will be determined solely by school staff.
- Students who leave CA and cease paying tuition for one academic year or longer are required to pay these one-time fees upon re-enrolling.
Peter Pan@CA provides a two year-old pre-school program as well as before and after school childcare. For more information, please visit the Peter Pan website
All Food Services at CA are contracted and provided through Cezar’s Kitchen. For more information on registration, pre-payment, and menus, please visit the Cezars Kitchen website
Below is a list of fees that are not covered by Annual Tuition and Fees.
- Student pictures, which are taken at the beginning of the year and offered with a range of package options.
- Instrument Rental, which depends on instrument and will be communicated through the music class.
- Field Trips
- After School Activities
- Travel for Sports
- After School Activities
- PE Uniform, which is ¥1500 for a shirt and ¥1500 for shorts. All MS and HS students, but not ES students, taking PE are required to wear a PE uniform.
Canadian Academy offers two payment options:
- one time payment (required for corporate sponsors) by July 11th before the start of the year or within 30 days for later enrollment.
- installment payments (private payors) by bank draft. Please contact the Business Office to apply for installment payments.
School fees must be paid by July 11th before the start of the school year. Families accorded installments must complete their first payment by this date and have established the necessary banking arrangments. A charge of 5,000 yen per week will be assessed after the due date. Students whose tuition is outstanding 30 days after any due date may be suspended from attendance. The school reserves the right to withhold any report cards, transcripts, or diplomas if there are unpaid balances. Questions about bills and payments should be directed to the Business Office.
Fees may be paid by deposit or bank transfer at any branch of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation or The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- Rokko Island Branch,
- Savings A/C 3116670
- Swift code is SMBCJPJT
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Sannomiya Branch,
- Savings A/C 3353216
- Swift code is BOTKJPJT
All banking fees are borne by payors. For funds transfers from outside of Japan, e.g. USA, we suggest addding 6,000 yen to cover these costs.