Fee Schedule & Policy 2019-2020
This schedule of fees and refund policy can be downloaded in pdf format. If your child's school fees are to be invoiced to your employer please download this form, complete and return it to cabusinessoffice @canacad.ac.jp.
Schedule of Fees
|Current Students||Annual Tuition||Building & Development||Total|
|New Students||Application||Registration||Annual Tuition||Building & Development||Total|
|Other Costs of Attendance|
|EAL support (one time)||¥900,000|
|Dormitory room fee & board||¥1,800,000 (¥1,240,000 room + ¥560,000 board)|
|PE shirt/PE shorts||¥2,000 each|
|Lunch (estimate daily)||¥520 (PreK3-KB), ¥630 (Grade 1-5), ¥670 (Grade 6-8), ¥730 (Grade 9-12)|
|Laptop (Grades 6-12)||¥120,000 - ¥150,000|
|School bus (per semester)||¥45,000 - ¥79,000 (one way), ¥90,000 - ¥158,100 (roundtrip)|
|After School Activities /APAC||¥7,000 - ¥100,000 per activity|
One Time Fees
- A non-refundable Application Fee is required for consideration of each application. Applications will remain valid for a two-year period from the date of submission.
- A non-refundable Registration Fee is charged to all new students regardless of when they enter during the school year.
- The English-as-an-Additional-Language (EAL) fee is charged for students requiring EAL support. The determination of EAL support needs is made solely by school staff, is a condition of enrollment and is not subject to parental discretion. This fee is refundable only if the student exits the program within the first quarter of attendance.
- Students who leave CA for one academic year or more are required to pay one-time fees upon re-enrolling.
- The Building and Development fee is charged annually, in full, to all students who attend CA. Proceeds of this fee are dedicated to the ongoing maintenance, renewal, and replacement of campus facilities. This fee is not prorated for late entry or early withdrawal.
- Annual Tuition, which funds staff and programmatic costs, is charged to all students who attend CA. Payment of the annual Tuition Fee includes membership in the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of Canadian Academy as well as a yearbook for those who complete the school year.
Fees Terms & Conditons
- For new families, school fees are due, in full, within 30 days of invoicing. For returning families, school fees are due in full by July 1st prior to the start of the school year.
- Payment plans are available for families paying privately. Companies must pay full fees by the due date.
- Students for whom fees have not been paid by the due date nor have payment arrangements been agreed-upon may lose their place to new applicants.
- Fees may be paid by cash or bank transfer at any branch of Minato Bank. Bank transfer fees are the responsibility of the payor.
(SWIFT Code: HSINJPJK)
The school reserves the right to withhold any report cards, transcripts, references or diplomas if there are unpaid balances.
The school offers two payment options for parents paying privately:
- Full payment by July 1st
- Installment payments (6) by bank draft beginning July and ending December (no surcharge)
Companies sponsoring students must pay in full by July 1st. Parents requesting an installment plan should visit the Business Office and complete the required banking form at least 6 weeks prior to the first payment date.
Charges for Late Payment
Payments returning by the bank will result in an administrative charge of ¥5,000. The charge for late payments is ¥5,000 per week.
Government Scholarships and Subsidies
Canadian Academy participates in the National Government’s High School Tuition Support Fund (shugaku shien-kin) as well as the Grants for Supplemental Scholarship (shogaku kyufu-kin) programs offered through the Hyogo and Osaka prefectures. Households must meet certain income requirements to be eligible for grants. Written applications for shugaku shien-kin and shogaku kyufu-kin must be submitted to the Canadian Academy business office by the end of August each year. Canadian Academy cannot submit late requests to the governmental agencies.
Peter Pan International Pre School operates a program at Canadian Academy for two-year-old children. For more information, please visit the Peter Pan website.
Late Enrollment & Refund Policy
Refunds of school fees are based on the date of written notification and the schedules below.
Application fees are governed by policies identified in the Schedule of Fees 2018-19.
If the school has to close unexpectedly due to an emergency situation, the school will continue via on-line learning, and no refunds will be provided
Proration of Tuition Fees for Late Enrollment
Annual Tuition Fees for late enrollment are payable according to the following schedule:
|Enrollment within quarter||Until Oct 25, 2019||Until Dec 20, 2019||Until Mar 20, 2020||Until Jun 16, 2020|
|Annual Tuition Fee||100%||75%||50%||25%|
Refund Schedule Upon Withdrawal
School Fees for new and re-enrolled students will be refunded in case of withdrawal according to the following schedules:
|I. Enrolled for/ during first semester and withdrawing for first semester|
|Withdrawal notice provided|
|Fee Type||Before July 1||July 1 to Aug 8||Aug 9 to Nov 5||Nov 6 to Dec 20|
|Application/ Re-Enrollment Fee||No Refund||No Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|Registration Fee (New Students Only)||100% Refund||No Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Building & Development Fee||100% Refund||100% Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Tuition Fee||100% Refund||50% Refund||50% Refund||No Refund|
|II. Currently attending and withdrawing for second semester|
|Withdrawal notice provided|
|Fee Type||Before Nov 5||After Nov 5|
|Application/ Re-Enrollment Fee||No Refund||No Refund|
|Registration Fee (New Students Only)||No Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Building & Development Fee||No Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Tuition Fee||50% Refund||No Refund|
|III. Newly enrolled for second semester|
|Withdrawal notice provided|
|Fee Type||Before Oct 25||Oct 26 to Nov 29|
After Nov 29
|Application/ Re-Enrollment Fee||No Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|Registration Fee (New Students Only)||100% Refund||No Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Building & Development Fee||100% Refund||100% Refund||No Refund|
|Annual Tuition Fee||50% Refund||No Refund||No Refund|