Merit Scholarship for Grades 8-12
Canadian Academy is pleased to offer the CA Merit Scholarship program for new students. Based on merit, scholarships of up to ¥600,000 will be awarded to a limited number of highly deserving new students in Grades 8 to 12. In addition to the standard application process, interested students should make a separate scholarship application using the Merit Scholarship application form below. The application fee will be waived for successful scholarship recipients.
To be considered for a CA Merit Scholarship, student applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Excellence demonstrated in previous academic classes or in such areas as the arts, sports, or service
- Willingness to contribute this talent to the life of the school, as evidenced by a personal written statement
- Successful personal interview with CA admissions and scholarship personnel
- Outstanding letters of recommendation from previous teachers, administrators, and others
- Exemplary record of behavior
While CA Merit Scholarships are awarded annually, subsequent year renewal is anticipated, dependent upon student performance and family financial need.
In order to determine the degree of financial support that can be offered, the school will request confidential information regarding the income of the applicant's parents at the time of the scholarship application.
The CA Merit Scholarship Program has been made possible through generous donations to the CA Endowment Fund by alumni faculty and students. To sustain these scholarships and thus continue to enable students who otherwise could not attend CA to benefit from the CA experience, community members are encouraged to donate to the CA Endowment Fund, specifying 'Scholarship Fund'.
To learn more, please contact Mr. Rob Smailes, CA Director of Admissions and Community Relations.