News & Events
This page has the latest news from Canadian Academy. Visit our news archive to search for older announcements.
Our Board of Trustees has approved the 2021-2022 school calendar. Below are the following Key Dates in order to help your family's planning.
- First day of school: Monday, August 23
- No School - Respect for the Aged Day: Monday, September 20
- Fall Break: Monday, October 25 to Friday, October 29
- CA Professional Development Day: Monday, November 22
- No School - Labor Thanksgiving Day: Tuesday, November 23
- Winter Break: Monday, December 20 - Friday, January 7
- CA Holiday: Friday, February 11
- No School - Foundation Day: Monday, February 14
- CA Professional Development Day: Spring date to be determined
- Spring Break: Monday, March 21- Friday, March 25
- Golden Week Holiday: Monday, May 2 and Tuesday, May 3
- Last day of school: Wednesday, June 15
Celebrating the New Year is the most important event in Japan. In the past, people physically visited homes of families and friends to exchange greetings for the new year. However, the common practice today is to send Nengajo (New Year's cards) to families and friends to wish a happy year. Nengajo often includes an illustration of the animal of the year under the Chinese zodiac calendar. The year 2021 is the year of the ox.
The Middle School Japanese classes had an annual Nengajo contest in December. Students demonstrated their creativity in designing oxes on their cards and wished for a healthy and happy new year. Enjoy their beautiful and creative designs here.
All parents of elementary aged children are invited to join our Elementary School Principal Coffee morning to see how our students build confidence, skills, and flexibility with numbers. We will share briefly the main principles of our mathematics learning approach and then go and see how it looks like in practice in our classrooms.
A Zoom link will be shared as the date approaches.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, January 28th, at 9:15 a.m.