Japanese Teachers' Job-a-like 2019
Wednesday, 22 May 2019 - Secondary Japanese Language Acquisition
Thursday, 23 May 2019 - Secondary Japanese Language & Literature
Join us in Kobe, Japan, for our Secondary Japanese Job-a-Like.
This event is targeted at teachers of students in Grades 6-10, although teachers of any grade level are welcome to join the conversation. Similarly, some topics will be centered around MYP teaching and learning, but all teachers are welcome to participate and share best practices.
Teachers are welcome and encouraged to share through teacher-2-teacher style presentations, contact Midori Nishizawa if you are interested or would like more information.
- REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Please complete this survey to register as a school group.
- Cost: Free! Lunch and Snacks will be provided.
What is a Job-a-Like?
- What is a job-a-like is not the same as a workshop - A job-a-like is a space for learning and sharing in a collegial setting, with no experts. The focus is on developing a group of collaborative teachers, sharing skills and strategies, and discussing best practice as related to their area of teaching. Teachers come from a variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise. The participants are both guides and learners.
At this Job-a-Like
- Registration and refreshments are available from 8:30am
- Stationary will be provided
- Please bring a laptop, tablet, or smartphone to access resources
Access and AccommodationThe Google Map below gives the location and contact details of the school and includes:
- access information: airports and stations
- some local hotels, guest-houses and eating locally
- Please click here for details of the KIX Airport Shuttle Bus, which takes about one hour and goes directly to the Sheraton Kobe Bay Hotel and Shin-Kobe area.
- The Kobe Bay Sheraton and Plaza Kobe hotels are very close to CA, on Rokko Island and walking distance to the school. Some visitors prefer to stay in hotels in the Sannomiya area of Kobe, with many more food and entertainment options.
- Travel time to Sannomiya is about 25-30 mins via the JR line and Rokko Liner.