JISTG Annual Job-alike
April 4 & 5, 2019 @Canadian Academy, Kobe
This will be the second JISTG Job-alike, following last year's successful launch at YIS, in conjunction with ASIJ and CA. This year we welcome you all to Canadian Academy in Kobe.
The JISTG Job-alike is targeted at technology leaders, coaches/facilitators, and technical staff from international schools throughout Japan, in order to share ideas, solve problems, and foster ongoing collaboration between schools. Unconferences are held to discuss areas of shared interest, as well as opportunities for people to share ideas and expertise in demo slams and longer sessions.
The cost is free, apart from a small contribution of ¥4000 to help cover catering expenses.
Contact Murray Smith for more information.
Access and Accommodation
The workshop will take place in Canadian Academy's ELAC building. The map below gives the location and contact details of the school and includes:
- Access information: airports and stations
- Some local hotels and guest-houses
- Some suggestions for eating locally.
- The recommended Kobe Bay Sheraton and Plaza Kobe hotels are very close to CA, and within 5-10 minutes walk. However they can book up fast and are reasonably expensive. Many visitors prefer to stay in hotels in the Sannomiya area of Kobe, with more food and entertainment options.
- Travel time to Sannomiya is about 25-30 mins on the convenient JR line and Rokko Liner. Also the Kobe Minato Kanko No.21 bus connects Shin-Kobe, Sannomiya and Canadian Academy.